Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Fit Tip Summer Style:

Spice up your jogging/running with dance

    After being a runner for years I was finally tired of the same repetitive motion and muscle development. I loved the cardiovascular work I was getting but uninspired by the same 'ole routine. When you run your body moves in a consistent plane of movement (flexion and extension along the Sagittal plane). Often times the muscles become used to the challenge and you might not see as many results metabolically and overlooked are other muscle groups important for overall health and fitness.
Solution
    To add some spring into your summer step try making a playlist full of sweet, delicious beats and take to the road using the music to dictate your movements. Skip from side to side, do lunges, squats, kicks and weaves; try moving your body not only forward by sideways- not just running but jumping and hopping.
    Let the music move you and move with abandon!
Ego check
   Okay, the first few times I did it I felt like a super herb who was gonna be looked at, honked at and regarded as a freak....I turned the music up louder and got lost in my own little world (lost only to the looks, which there were, but not to oncoming traffic!) I like to think that people are inspired by others who move their body and exude confidence- trust me deep down inside they might be wishing they were doing it to!

Happy Moving,
Megan
    

No comments:

Post a Comment